Solomon Group National Education Center

Solomon Group National Education Center
Creed: To Glorify God and help people.

Friday, April 8, 2011

Wow, Thanks, 23/68 And Beach

I need to blog more.  It is theraputic for me and for the one of you out there reading this, I am confident that my writing makes you feel better about your own life!  There is so much going on here, a blog is a great way to bring it all together and look at your mess from a top down view.

Wow.  Almost two years has gone by since we opened the new Solomon Group building, with all of the hopes and dreams so fresh.  Today we reached another milestone, at least for me.  Without too much fanfare, we made payroll.  And rent.  And a major website to support our http://www.taxelope.com/ program.  And a few other things....not often do I get to pat myself on the back, but for some reason today I am feeling some major relief. 

 God has blessed us so richly with love, kindness, and opportunity.  Our "B.O.N.G. events have flourished and I continue to find myself surrounded by believers who are for us.  Our North BONG sold out and had standing room only.  One of our goals is to help promote ethical commerce in Austin, and then the U.S. and to help the small business person thrive.  Somehow, we seem to be accomplishing these things and I know that all the credit has a Divine origin.  I continue to meet individuals who amaze me, and this cannot be an accident. 

PEOPLE WHO AMAZE ME!

1.  David Temple.  Our 2010 Advisor of The Year at The Solomon Group.  David is one of the most dedicated learners of our business, and he continues to grow and thrive in ways that truly inspire me.  I love his quick wit and his manner around our office.  David is truly a team player and someone I admire greatly.

2.  Ben Randle.  Another outstanding fellow, Ben has grown into a hihg-caliber business person and his ability with people one-on-one is so impressive.  He is one of those who you just love when you meet him, and it shows in how people respond to him.  We are lucky to have Ben and Tammy as part of our growing company and I look forward to watching him as he has set his sights high for the coming months and years!

3.  Kevin Hollemans.  Wow.  I don't care if you spell WOW backwards or forwards, but Kevin is a WOW factor.  This guy is on fire in so many ways, people are showing up just to watch!  He is on fire for God, for his family, for his business, and it is so cool to see a man of his caliber making and accomplishing goals.  Wow.  Did I say wow yet?

4.  Jennifer Eskina.  Possibly the most talented person I know.  Perserverance would be one word for her.  Dedicated could fit in there also.  Gobs of talent, and all of it is something she has worked for.  Tomorrow she will be speaking to hundreds of at risk girls.  Her talk is about girls/business and her relationship with God.  She juggles so much, and always makes time to do the right thing.  Lives get changed tomorrow, and there are going to be kids who will benefit their whole lives through after this program at First Independant Baptist Church.  Jenn, you are THE MAN!

God has put so many great people in my life, and I am thankful for them all.

Ok then, this is day 68 and I am still down 23 lbs and a bunch of dress sizes.  Well, belt loop holes!  I feel better too, which is nice.  I didn't realize I was just a decision away.

Tomorrow I am off to the beach house to do some work.  Sand Fest is coming up.  Wanna come and play? 

Goodnight Sarah and Audrey...It is impossible to say how much I love you both. 

Woof. I am a lucky dog.


Above:  Audrey....wow, super cute !



Above:  Me with Sarah at Port A...No fish,but an excellent time!


Above:  Jennifer Eskina, SGI Executive VP, a rare photo of her NOT working or saving the day!


Girls!  Lots and lots of girls!



No comments: