Solomon Group National Education Center

Solomon Group National Education Center
Creed: To Glorify God and help people.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Courage. Discourage. Encourage.

I have often prayed for courage and God has listened.  Unfortunately, the only place you might need courage is when fear is present.  So when some post-prayer scary situation happens, I know God is in control, and that He is indeed in control.  It took me a while to get what was happening so I prayed for patience.....right after that a little old lady driving about 5 mph pulled in front of me and taught me patience.  Whew, God sure has a funny way....His ways are not my ways.

When I am encouraged, I can do anything.  Perhaps there is some thing accurate in that mustard seed/faith parable in the Bible.  When I think I can win, I often do.  As a man thinketh.....

When I am discouraged, I am at my lowest point.  The devil knows this and uses this devastating tool to distract me.  When someone tells me I am looking good with the new lifestyle, I am encouraged.  When I fail to be able to do just 3 simple sit ups (p 90 x style!) I am discouraged and feel worthless.  It makes me want to quit.  Quitting is so easy.  For whatever reason, quitting seems to be the first alternative when things aren't perfect.  Why am I that way?  Discouragement.  And I don't believe it is an accident.  How do I fight discouragement?

I have to keep my goals in mind first.  The goals keep me moving in the face of discouragement.  That little voice that talks inside your head was formed by the time you were 8 years old, and you have to realize that an 8 year old is inside your head making important play calls....grab ahold of that little braniac person and shake him a bit until he sees it your way.  Once you decide....the universe opens up to you and for you.  I have a decided heart about things.  Do you? 

The origins of the word "decide" are this:  Middle English, from Latin decidere, literally, to cut off, from de- + caedere to cut...

Basically...no other choice but to do the thing....so here I am a little more than a month after "deciding" to change my life.  It is working. 

If you know me, please encourage me.  Let's encourage each other.  It is time for me to get past what I used to be and get on with what I am supposed to be.  God has a plan for me, and I don't believe 75 pounds over weight was part of that plan.  I came up with a new saying for myself...

"WHAT YOU WAS AIN'T WHAT YOU IS"

I am very encouraged today.  You be as well.  Things are great and only getting better!

Happy Birthday to Jeana Nicely...here is her baby picture!!!


Here is her grown up picture:



Happy birthday, Jeana!  What you was ain't what you is either! You are awesome and I hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Bess McCarty said...

Thanks, Cash! I love the photos to show we aren't babies anymore. To act like a baby out of habit is to miss the grand new now!

Congratulations on achieving your grand current weight! You are doing it! You are your present free self...

Little story? Did you hear of the baby circus elephant who was tethered to a little stake in the ground so he couldn't run away... He grew up, still thinking the little stake confined him, when he could really pull it up easily and be free...