Solomon Group National Education Center

Solomon Group National Education Center
Creed: To Glorify God and help people.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Notes From A Former Fatty Fatty Fathead March 14 ,2011

I am about 42 days or so into this new lifestyle thing and somehow the changes are coming easier each day.  I continue to learn about the formation of my habits and the lessons and misseps behind those habits.  Not all  habits are good, and not all bad habits are that bad either.  I am not here to beat myself up,just to share so that I can reflect, and possibly be some help to my family.

When I get stressed, bad food seems to be my "go-to playbook".  Wow, it really is "what's eating you, not what you're eating".  I thought that was such a silly statement.  The last 6 weeks or so have been an awesome learning possibility for me as I continue to work on myself and my business.  Each time something has presented itself as a challenge, I have been able to track it backwards to its origin, and to contemplate the feelings and needs behind those feelings.  Somewhere along the way, the 8 year old boy turned into a man and that boy still resides somewhere inside me.  This period I am in is ME shaking the little 8 year old Me up a bit and making a few changes based on the current me.  Make sense?

I have shed about 20 lbs and done so in a gradual and healthy way.  However, I am still a tub of goo.  I have always been a GREAT starter and a lousy finisher.  Don't be impressed by the 20....When I have kept it off for a couple of years and made a few other changes, then we can both pat me on the back.  Not until then, however. 

I want a long-term win.  I want to be the champion of my life.  I am making changes, decisions, mistakes, and plans.  I have some things I want to accomplish.  The music is still in me. 

Alrighty then...I have vented for the day.  I shall now go watch Beaches and weep openly. 



Mattel X 15 tricycle....I wanted one as a kid...well....I am still a kid! 

1 comment:

Bess said...

Congratulations, Cash! So true: that Inner Child runs many of our lives. Just saw a movie on that: "Illusions" w/ Kirk Douglas.