Solomon Group National Education Center

Solomon Group National Education Center
Creed: To Glorify God and help people.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 19. Still In The Game!

One of the easiest things for me to justify is quitting.  I am big boned, I am busy, I am....blah blah blah.  Normally, I would have already done that but this time, everything seems different.  Perhaps I am just too lazy now to rationalize!  So, here is my status:

After 19 or so days, I have lost about 13 pounds, I have exercised regularly, I am gettingh more rest and more water, and a new way of life seems possible.  I started with a 24 day challenge and a 90 day goal.  The 24 day challenge is almost over and for me, it has been pretty simple, and very doable.  Anything believeable works for me.  I believe I will continI and make some major changes for the better. 

Don't ya hate it when you put something off for like 30 years?  I never had a single bad year, just lots of slight errors in judgement.  A couple of pounds a year for 30 years and all of the sudden you look like a beached albino whale with a fat lip and a bad haircut.  Ok, maybe a little much, but that is what I have felt like lately. 

This is from the first day of my new "me".  See the # 1 finger?  That means day 1.  The cool jersey is a remake of an old bmx jersey that my buddy Stu Thomsen and Jeff Ruminer used to wear!


Ok, lets take a look at me after day 10 of the "herbal cleanse" portion....at least i was standing when the picture was taken....the empty box implies my completion of the contents which I actually did do in perfect harmony with the written instructions....really....I took some instructions...no, seriously!

Wow, I gotta stop taking pictures at 6:30 a.m. when my hair is such a mess. 



These are some of the new products/food choices I will be making from here on.  Most of this is from Advocare, a nationally known nutrition/research company that is wildly endorsed by Drew Brees, Colt McCoy, and numerous other famous people.  Katy sells this stuff and it seems to work.  You can see more of it at www.advocare.com/08044226   I tried this once before and lost lots of weight and my blood work changed almost miraculously.  I can say that I have been the science project that proves this stuff works and can work again!  But only if I apply myself...




Spark is the best food I have ever put into my body and I will take it forever.  It enhances my energy and gives me sharp mental focus.  It doesn't have any weight loss component, but I don't want to go through a single day without it.  The rest is nutrition related, etc.  I have replaced breakfast with a nutritious shake for the 24 days of the challenge.  (Purple box)  I am eating well, adding lots of planned snacks (almonds, fruit, nuts, protein bar, drinking more water, and getting more sleep.  This seems to be the right formula. 

Here is what I looked like at the age of 15:




That's me on the left.  All 145 pounds of me.  That picture was in a magazine under the title, "Oklahoma Legends", or something like that.  I have NOT felt very legendary in quite a long time. 

So day 19 was pretty good.  I still have lots on me right now, stuff I don't want to blog about or talk about so much.  There is much to do, much to be accomplished, and much encouragement around me.  I get up early now every day and love being "more awake" to my surroundings.  I feel like I just stepped out of the Matrix.  More later. 



No comments: