Solomon Group National Education Center

Solomon Group National Education Center
Creed: To Glorify God and help people.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Wild Hair Club For Men

Art Williams, my mentor visionary from the 1980's, coined the phrase "Just Do It".  He even wrote a book of that title sometime before Nike stole his idea and invented Michael Jordan.  His thesis was to do that thing that was in front of you that you KNEW you needed to do, regardless of your current set of circumstances.  He encouraged people to quit talking about stuff and to start doing stuff.  Little did he know. 

I have always obeyed the creed of "The Wild Hair".  Many times, to my detriment, I did exactly as I saw fit and without much regard for what my mom thought and certainly with no regard for what the friends and acquaintances around me thought.  It doesn't deserve much detail here, but as a kid, I did stuff.  Lots of stuff.  As an older kid, I flew my bike out to California and rode back to Oklahoma to see if I could do it.  I jumped a train once and rode hundreds of miles with my bike on board, just to see what results I might get. 
I built a house when I was about 19 or so becuase it seemed reasonable at the time.  I did all kinds of dumb stuff and even some smart stuff.  I definitely obeyed the wild hair creed.

As an older, wiser adult, I started a Professional Golf Tour which pretty much broke me financially, but I don't regret doing it at all.  And though I took a severe beating on the deal, I would do it again.  More recently, I decided to expand my business nationwide, and to start multiple companies under one roof.  Wow, was that fun!  I like getting in way over my head.

See, I have always believed that God is awesome, and that He is good, all the time.  I figure with the creator of the universe having my cosmic back, that not much can go wrong.  Ya know, I was right!  Even though I have suffered many of my decisions, The Bible mentions that I should "consider it pure joy when I face trials for they serve to strengthen me".  God doesn't need to steer a parked car either, so I have often moved forward with my ideas and beliefs. 

Is there something you would like to do?  Do is a powerful word, and a much more powerful action.  To do is to be in harmony with your dreams and goals.  It develops your character and your spirit, and  it increases your understanding in multiple ways. 

If you knew success was guaranteed, what would you attempt?

If you knew you could NOT fail, what would you spend your time doing?

What holds YOU back?  Is there a reason, excuse, person, or other thing holding you back from "Doing It"?  Seriously.  Dig around in there.  Most often, I meet people who wish they had done some stuff.  Even more often I meet those who are controlled by either their past like a boat anchor or they are controlled by some one else's opinion of them.

Cut the line on both.  Neither is real.  You can do it.  God never made a piece of junk and He certainly doesn't want you to lie around in the vomit of your own past.  He does want you to learn from it, and from those previous mistakes comes the wisdom and confidence that you need.  America needs you to be brave and bold.  My kids need you to be the best YOU that you can be.  Your legacy is waiting for you.

Just do it. 

Here is a picture of something I created that I am proud of. I was so very scared, but I did it any way.  Vacation Business School.  God's plan for money and business through the eyes of kids.  Everyone talks about taking action and how we need to educate kids....I am so proud that I took action.  VBS....2010...



If you would like for your child to participate with Vacation Business School in 2011...let me know....I took action to create the class....all you have to do is say yes!  It is FREE for the kids ages 8 to 17!  June 2011.

The Wild Hair.....sometimes is pays off! 

2 comments:

Cash said...

When I said "I created"...I failed to give credit to the wonderful people at The Solomon Group who continually breathe life into these projects....thanks guys and girls!

Cash

Todd Wiens said...

I really enjoy reading your thoughts. We should be a 'MasterMind Group' of 2. We have a lot of the same thoughts going around in our heads.
Todd